Re: oye

"Nick Markowitz Jr." wrote:

> Just read in Security News how there seperating Elk products from
> System Depot etc.  I have been gun shy to buy a lot of elk with the
> previous moose break up.  Hope this latest move is a good one?

The separation of ELK Products from Systems Depot is probably being
done to pave the way for ADI to carry ELK Products.  Several years
ago at EH Expo (or was it ISC?) I asked Wade Moose if ADI was going
to carry ELK Products.  He said ADI told him they would carry ELK if
he divested himself of Systems Depot.  He said he responded, "I'll do
it as soon as you [ADI, not me] stop carrying Ademco."  I thought
that was pretty funny at the time.  Wade Moose has always been
somewhat of a maverick, actively supporting DIY, creating all kinds
of innovative stuff that other alarm manufacturers didn't bother
with, etc.

My guess is he's decided to cave in to ADI.  They are by far the
biggest distributor in the trade and can probably move more ELK
Products than Systems Depot.  Anyway, that's just a guess.  I hope
I'm wrong.  They're pretty rough on their vendors.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics