Re: Window Sensors

> use 1/2" recessed switch. the flat magnet sticks above it
So it's OK to stick the magnet to the weather strip on the bottom of
the window?  The existing hole is directly under the seal.  Can the
magnet be moved away from the strip so it's close to the switch, but
not on top of it?  Pardon my ignorance - new DIY'r here.

> 1/2" recessed switch and drill a 3/8" hole below it in the door for a
> recessed magnet
Do I have to pay attention to the magnets that are designed for metal
doors?  One is a garage door and the other is a set of two french
doors.  Both are clad in metal but I believe have an insulated core.