Re: Alarm systems, what do you have?

Jim Rojas wrote:
> There was no need for 3 different panels that share the same board
> layout. The lower end panel PC1616 looks like there are things
> missing.
> Their earlier version of the programming sheet looked like a road map
> and was very confusing.
>
> Their confusion on what wireless devices they are willing to
> support...DSC or secured wireless? I am surprised they didnt come up
> with an ITI or Ademco compatible RF receiver, for those like me who
> detest DSC wireless products.
>
> Too many differnt keypads...you need to call tech support just to make
> sure...I can go on...other than that, I like DSC just fine... :)

Oh. I thought you meant you were having trouble with the new stuff. Yeah,
their marketing is kinda dumb. The main thing I don' like is no words next
to the function buttons, just icons. The program raod map pissed me off, but
it musta pissed a lot of other people off too. Now the panels come with a
program worksheet like the old ones. Havent had any trouble with the
wireless lately.
js