Re: Race to Zero

On Oct 23, 3:59 pm, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Crash Gordon wrote:
>
> Unfortunately there's a company in Canada that rents equipment on
> exactly those terms (zero down and $25.00 a month).  For most apartment
> and small townhomes two door contacts and a motion will pretty well
> cover you.  AlarmFarce tried selling me the same package for my house.
> I asked the rep (on the phone because they never send sales people) how
> that "protects" my family knowing they're leaving the entire "backside"
> of my house exposed.  Oh, well...  we'll throw in another motion for
> $75.00 (installation charge) and an added $3.00 a month.  I had no idea
> double sided tape was so expensive (or involved) to install.  By the
> way, all their equipment is "wireless" so you don't even have to have
> the intelligence of a primate to install it (what you do need is a valid
> drivers license).

RHC: It's my understanding that the wireless is non supervised as
well. And they don't change batteries !! And they don't utilize line
exclusion; just an "all in one " panel that plugs into a wall jack.

Yah gotta really wonder how any consumer can buy into their load of
crap, but they are quite successful. My understanding is they are
actually planning an expansion into the US with some 38 franchises in
major metro centres. Frankly, it speaks volumes about the astuteness
of the average "low end" alarm system buying consumer.

I met a fellow a while back at one of the locksmith shops in a nearby
city. He used to be an installation manager for them. He said he was
expected to install a minimum of 10 systems a day but gave it up
because he couldn't stomach it anymore. And their customers rave about
them (at least the ones that don't wake up and decide to leave).
Wonders never cease !!