Re: Race to Zero

Crash Gordon wrote:
> Two door transmitters, one keypad, one motion ...the second system was the
> same but had two pirs.
> Thing is both systems are easily wired...no need for RF at all.
>

> You know...if everyone raced these idiots to zero we'd get rid of them a lot
> quicker.

Unfortunately there's a company in Canada that rents equipment on
exactly those terms (zero down and $25.00 a month).  For most apartment
and small townhomes two door contacts and a motion will pretty well
cover you.  AlarmFarce tried selling me the same package for my house.
I asked the rep (on the phone because they never send sales people) how
that "protects" my family knowing they're leaving the entire "backside"
of my house exposed.  Oh, well...  we'll throw in another motion for
$75.00 (installation charge) and an added $3.00 a month.  I had no idea
double sided tape was so expensive (or involved) to install.  By the
way, all their equipment is "wireless" so you don't even have to have
the intelligence of a primate to install it (what you do need is a valid
drivers license).