Re: What's a Brinks 4000?

That's one reason why it is a good idea to make up your own contracts in
larger more legible typefaces. Microprint is the root of many contract
disputes. making your own contracts will save you a small fortune in
print shop fees, plus any new laws that comes up can be easily inserted
in its proper place if you have your own contracts. Riders and special
conditions can be done on the spot. Any decent attorney can then glance
your boiler plate contracts to see what is missing, or what can be done
to better protect both parties in case of disputes.

Take for example Brinks PSA...The print is way too small. Many dealers I
know use a minimum 10pt in size, and anything critical should be in 12pt
& bold type. You can also add initial here boxes next to critical
contract inclusions, exclusions or lease option paragraphs, so that the
customer cannot claim ignorance of the terms of said contract.

If Brinks did this, no one would sign the damn thing once they realize
first off that they don't own the equipment. In my opinion, it is in
Brinks best interest to keep the customer in the dark and ignorant to
what is contained in their PSA. This may warrant Federal legislation to
  finally change these archaic business practices.

Jim Rojas