Re: Brinks v Jim Rojas New Motion

On Oct 9, 9:27?pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Someone needs to explain to me how someone would want to use a piece of crap
> > alarm panel like Brinks for a takeover anyway. If Brinks really does own the
> > system, you'd lose your license anyway for doing it in this state. Why
> > persist with all this other legal hocus pocus? The risk and the reward don't
> > match. Before I read those posts on take overs I didn't think anyone did it.
> > I still haven't ever seen or even heard of it being done anywhere in real
> > life. Sounds more like a tempest in a teapot someone turned into a payday.
>
> RHC: I am of the same mind as yourself. I really don't know why anyone
> would want to break the lock code on a proprietary Brinks panel unless
> they wanted to use it only in local mode. Especially since it's not
> very useful equipment anyway, and new panels sell for less than $100.
> Most panels are unlocked for clients so they can be put back on line
> properly without going to the expense of buying a new board. Brinks
> equipment to my knowledge is useless for that unless it goes back to
> Brinks.
>
> But as to your never having heard of anyone actually breaking the lock
> out code, I can assure you it is done because I do it every day. At
> the moment, I crack about 10 to 20 boards a week, sent to me by large
> customers I trust, other dealers I know in the area, but mostly by
> homeowners moving into newly purchased homes with improperly locked
> boards (DSC and Paradox only)....(see..http://www3.sympatico.ca/
> rh.campbell/unlocking_services.htm).... However, just like Jim does,
> we do NOT do it where we know it is in violation of someone's
> ownership or contract rights. I have over the years worked with Jim
> and we share mutual secrets on how to do this, and I doubt very much
> that there is anything to their claims. So I am following this Brinks
> business with some amount of dismay as to how this foolishness ever
> started as I'm pretty sure their accusations are baseless, given my
> knowledge of Jim and his unlocking activities. I think things have
> gotten out of hand because Jim is pretty pissed off at the moment and
> is reacting in kind, and more so, because he has seen fit to challenge
> them in their own game, and they have responded the only way they know
> how. I will admit, I'm pretty worried about the situation for his sake
> though. When you choose to sleep with an elephant, you better get out
> of the way when it rolls over.
>
> I have no doubt that I could crack any Brinks board within minutes
> given the knowledge and specialized equipment that both Jim and I, and
> one other that I know of, possess. The bigger question is, why would
> we want to even bother cracking their shit !!  But then again, if they
> continue to persist in this foolishness, I just might start where Jim
> left off. Then they can start on me up here in Canada.
>
> I hope Brinks backs off before this blows up in their faces. They may
> win this fight, but they will surely lose the battle......

It seems to me that they're just plain blind to the fact that even if
they do pull this off with Jim, every alarm company in the world will
use this information to sell against them. There's not an alarm
company in existance that wouldn't be happy as hell to take the
results of them winning a case like this against some little guy down
in Florida and jamming right back up their ass everytime they came up
against Brinks in doing estimates.

 And this would be something that would be used for years and years.
It's just never going to go away. Your grandson will be using it.

Compared to what little damage ..... if any, that Jim "might" be doing
is going to be nothing compared to the long term damage in lost sales
that winning this thing,  could do to them.

It makes you think about what would happen if someone went to all the
websites of all the alarm associations, obtained via the NBFAA
website, and getting the e-mail address of alarm companys across the
nation and sending them a description of what Brinks does to their
competition, inviting them to use it in their sales presentations. No
lies, no exaggeration, just the facts. I'd bet that would get some
attention. Just email that out a few times a year ............. and
telling whoever, to send it to others ........  forever.

Talk about a dip is sales ..... HA!