Re: Brinks v Jim Rojas New Motion

> Someone needs to explain to me how someone would want to use a piece of crap
> alarm panel like Brinks for a takeover anyway. If Brinks really does own the
> system, you'd lose your license anyway for doing it in this state. Why
> persist with all this other legal hocus pocus? The risk and the reward don't
> match. Before I read those posts on take overs I didn't think anyone did it.
> I still haven't ever seen or even heard of it being done anywhere in real
> life. Sounds more like a tempest in a teapot someone turned into a payday.

RHC: I am of the same mind as yourself. I really don't know why anyone
would want to break the lock code on a proprietary Brinks panel unless
they wanted to use it only in local mode. Especially since it's not
very useful equipment anyway, and new panels sell for less than $100.
Most panels are unlocked for clients so they can be put back on line
properly without going to the expense of buying a new board. Brinks
equipment to my knowledge is useless for that unless it goes back to
Brinks.

But as to your never having heard of anyone actually breaking the lock
out code, I can assure you it is done because I do it every day. At
the moment, I crack about 10 to 20 boards a week, sent to me by large
customers I trust, other dealers I know in the area, but mostly by
homeowners moving into newly purchased homes with improperly locked
boards (DSC and Paradox only)....(see..http://www3.sympatico.ca/
rh.campbell/unlocking_services.htm).... However, just like Jim does,
we do NOT do it where we know it is in violation of someone's
ownership or contract rights. I have over the years worked with Jim
and we share mutual secrets on how to do this, and I doubt very much
that there is anything to their claims. So I am following this Brinks
business with some amount of dismay as to how this foolishness ever
started as I'm pretty sure their accusations are baseless, given my
knowledge of Jim and his unlocking activities. I think things have
gotten out of hand because Jim is pretty pissed off at the moment and
is reacting in kind, and more so, because he has seen fit to challenge
them in their own game, and they have responded the only way they know
how. I will admit, I'm pretty worried about the situation for his sake
though. When you choose to sleep with an elephant, you better get out
of the way when it rolls over.

I have no doubt that I could crack any Brinks board within minutes
given the knowledge and specialized equipment that both Jim and I, and
one other that I know of, possess. The bigger question is, why would
we want to even bother cracking their shit !!  But then again, if they
continue to persist in this foolishness, I just might start where Jim
left off. Then they can start on me up here in Canada.

I hope Brinks backs off before this blows up in their faces. They may
win this fight, but they will surely lose the battle......