Re: Unlocking Vista 15P3 (Monitronics Boards)

"Crash Gordon" wrote:

> I've never come across a Monitronics that was locked..never. The
> main problem is it can only report to them, you can't change the
> dialer number...

Considering the way the panel firmware is written, it's likely that
only the sub-routine for editing the dialer number has been blocked.
Thus, with a chip burner someone could easily alter the number.  The
panel would then be locked onto whatever new dialer number you
assign, effectively beating Monitronics at their own sleazy game.

Hmm.  Maybe Monitronics will start filing Brinks-style lawsuits.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics