Re: Open Letter to Brinks over Tech-Man

Nick Markowitz Jr. wrote:
> To the Board of Directors of Brinks Security.
>
> While you play your litigation claims against Mr. Rojas realize you are
> deliberately interfering with hundreds of small Alarm Installing and Service
> companies like myself who use the Tech-Man service on an almost daily basis
> to retrieve programming and wiring sheets etc so that we can service our
> customer bases .

Brinks is just rolling over with glee.

> The vast majority of us do not have any thing to do with
> your client base or your equiptment nor do we care to .

According to Brinks, "the vast majority of us" interfere with their
PSA's, buy their panels and programmers on line (at eBay), and walk
around neighbourhoods wearing "Brinks" shirts.

> We are Commercial and
> Industrial Dealers who do not dabble in the Residential market let alone use
> low end residential security equiptment .

Now that's a low blow.  Brinks equipment is "state of the art".  You can
view a demo of it on their website.  And where most central monitoring
stations would immediately dispatch the police on a panic alarm, Brinks
takes the time to call the residence first to "verify" the alarm.
That's a very "responsible" way to handle a panic alarm where seconds
count and your client's life could be in danger.  Not to worry though...
  If the customer's killed, the PSA is rock solid and will ensure the
survivability of the revenue stream.

> Jims site carries way more than
> Brinks information on it .

It does.  He offers to default other dealers boards too.  Damn Jim.
You're "B-a-aa-d"!

> I would appreciate your knocking off this whole campaign of yours to
> interfere with a legitimate web site which offers technical assistance to
> way more than just individuals who might be interested in hacking one of
> your systems.

There isn't a single "hack" being offered on Jim's website.  Unless of
course you consider making the installation manuals for the panel
available for download "a hack".

> I am having a hard enough time running my business going thru Colon Cancer
> at Stage 4

I sincerely hope you're still winning that battle, Nick.

> and when I tried to retrieve information for another alarm dealer
> who I provide consultation services to , who was stuck in the field out of
> state with out a computer connection I could not get the gentleman the
> information he needed.to reprogram a  Napco panel for one of his customers.

I have all the installation manuals for the panels we use in hard copy
as well as PDF's.  There's no excuse for a dealer (or installer) not to
carry the manuals he needs for the equipment he services.

> He will now have to take another trip all the way out there
> because you decided to play games.

Because he was dumb enough to leave the shop without his tools, you mean?

> I do not know why you are so worried about losing a couple of customers
> every company gains and loses customers daily  it is part of the game.

Every company is worried about losing customers.  For Pete's sake, they
could very well lose their "Consumer's Choice" award.  JD Power may very
well downgrade their standing.  GASP!!!!

> As
> many panels that are sitting out there from all the other alarm companies
> I do not see them having a hissy fit over losing a couple of customers.

You obviously have never seen one of my partner's "hissy fits".

> If
> you perceive you are losing that many customers that it is hurting your
> bottom line then maybe you need to take a look at how you are treating your
> customers before attacking a man trying to help his fellow alarm dealers.

No.  They need to upgrade their equipment.  They need to hard code a few
items.  They need to weld their panels to the wall so they can't be
removed.  They need to shut down that website that offers the "call
redirector" dongle.  They need to shut down all the other alarm
companies that offer better service at better pricing (and in so doing
are tortuously interfering with their business).  They need better
trucks too.  I've spoken to a couple of their techs here and they just
hate working out of a pick-up.  The "booties" they supply suck.