Re: FA 168C Programming

joshfeingold@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks for the information.
>
> Luckily this document
>
> http://www.panelguides.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=53&func=download&filecatid=188
>
> were filled out and left with the system by the installer.
>
> However, as I know nothing about alarm systems I was hoping someone
> could give me the steps needed to figure out what the user code was,
> leveraging the data left by the installer.  I am also happy to
> overwrite the old code and put in a new one.
>
> Any further ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

You will need to overwrite it.

The User Manual has the information for managing user codes.

The installer code is used to set the master codes and they are used to
set the user codes.  The user manual also shows how to set the various
attributes for each code if you wish to get a little fancy.

Don't use the installer code as a regular daily code as you could
accidently fatfinger your way into a programming dilemma.  It also will
only function as a "guest" or "babysitter" code (explained in the manual).

BTW - if you are planning on doing any programming I hope you have an
alpha type keypad...