Re: FA 168C Programming

joshfeingold@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I bought a house with a functioning First Alert 168C.  Is there a PDF
> that can teach me how to program it?
>
> Also, I think that the installer left me the installer code however
> the seller did not leave me the user code.
>
> Can I use the installer code to find out the user code?  If not, how
> can I reset the user code?
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

> Josh Feingold
> Excellence in Recruiting/Staffing Software
> https://www.staffasap.com

Try this link.

http://www.panelguides.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=53

The First Alert link doesn't have what you need but the FA panels are
just Ademco panels re-labelled.

You will want to go to the Ademco (Honeywell) link then scroll down to
the Vista 20's.

As for the 168C I think you will need the 20P for which there currently
is not a program guide.

The guide for the 20-SE should have all the correct info for a basic
program.

I could be mistaken about how far the compatibilities go but I'm fairly
certain that as long as you don't want to do anything fancy, the basic
zone programming, user codes and other simple things are the same.