Re: The Brinks PSA

>other than on principle
The only principle of concern among this crowd is one that draws interest
I'm afraid.

"tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Oct 11, 5:49 pm, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > RHC: Hehehe....agreed, with one proviso !
>
> He's FOS.  You'll never it.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>
> =============================>
> Bass Home Electronics
> 941-925-8650
> 4883 Fallcrest Circle
> Sarasota · Florida · 34233http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
> =============================>

RHC: No matter one way or the other. I would learn to crack it and
then toss it anyway, since it is unusable equipment for any real
purpose. This stupid legal action has really gone too far. I have to
wonder what they hope to gain in the industry from this kind of
approach other than a black eye. Someone within Brinks with some
marketing vision had better get their act together before their
lawyers cause the company harm with this one track legal action. This
sort of thing should put all legitimate alarm companies on notice that
these low end, money grubbing type companies can eventually cause us
all a lot of grief. I scratch my head and I still cannot come up with
a real reason for Brinks to be doing this (other than on principle,
since he won't knuckle under). Their equipment is proprietary, so
useless to anyone except their station other than the odd person who
might want to use it in local mode. User manuals on Jim's site would
only assist Brinks end user customers who might otherwise have to bug
Brinks for another copy of their manuals. And anything that Jim might
have put up on his site regarding programming their panels (even
inadvertantly) would be useless to anyone who didn't have the proper
programmers anyway (since it appears they are not keypad
programmable). So what the hell kind of information could he have ever
had on his site that could have possibly caused a threat to anything
Brinks is doing in their business. It beats the hell out of me !!!!!!!!