Re: Open Letter to Brinks over Tech-Man

October 11, 2007
The regular meeting for http://www.hgcaa.org/ occurred today. I was not in
attendance. I was at a refinery. Unfortunately I have not yet figured a way
to crack the hydrocarbons in old melted down Brinks panels to help solve the
energy problem. However many dealers and central station operators at that
meeting have been following this matter with Jim carefully. Most were not
aware how far it has escalated recently, especially the temporary site
shutdown. In this part of the country there are some real concerns about all
this by folks well known in this industry. J.D. Benfer told me he would
bring all this up again at today's meeting in Houston. I believe many
central station operators like Benfer aren't convinced that they won't
somehow get sucked into this dispute, one that is essentially over nothing.
Everyone has a vested interest in saving their own butt. I have asked many
central station operators, including Benfer, about how prevalent this Brinks
panel take over thing is and have been told it is simply a non event. It
literally doesn't happen. It would not likely be condoned by the operators
if it were discovered. Brinks doesn't have any real allies in this industry.
Brinks is tolerated by most in the industry simply because of the easy
business it frequently generates from the abundance of dissatisfied Brinks
customers nearly any competent dealer can acquire. This legal action may be
doing something to reverse that trend. I can say there will be some back
door contacts made to Brinks over this issue to invite sanity to return.
This is going to be on the agenda of many alarm association meetings in the
near future if there isn't a sudden change of tact by Brinks. I wonder how
the court would react if there were direct submittals by nearly every
contract central station operator out there to contradict Brinks'
description of the danger to their business over this. I suspect someone
should get really busy to figure out a strategy to overcome the real truth
of the matter. People are getting really pissed off over this. They are
pissed off enough to want to open their wallets and get something going. It
might not be like a David and Goliath contest after that.
As and example, if I were a salesperson for Brinks I might not want to try
to explain to a customer why the previous salesperson from another company
left a detailed sheet of questions to ask me about Brinks policies. I
wouldn't like to find that Brinks had been blacklisted by nearly every alarm
association on that list of questions for me to answer. I might wonder how
this Brinks hand out ended up on nearly every counter at places like ADI,
SGI, Tri-Ed, Richardson's etc. I guess because it had the alarm association
meeting schedule on the other side of the paper? Most folks want to know how
good your product or service is when making a purchase, not how many mad dog
attorneys you have available to turn loose on them. More than a few alarm
dealers are retired ex cops. It is amazing what strings they can pull to
make someone look really bad, and how far some of the favors owed to them
can really reach.

"SmallOne" <smallone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Many dealers out there will second your feelings Nick
>
> KK
>

> On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:27:40 GMT, "Nick Markowitz Jr."
> <nick-markowitz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >To the Board of Directors of Brinks Security.
> >
> >While you play your litigation claims against Mr. Rojas realize you are
> >deliberately interfering with hundreds of small Alarm Installing and
Service
> >companies like myself who use the Tech-Man service on an almost daily
basis
> >to retrieve programming and wiring sheets etc so that we can service our
> >customer bases . The vast majority of us do not have any thing to do with
> >your client base or your equiptment nor do we care to .We are Commercial
and
> >Industrial Dealers who do not dabble in the Residential market let alone
use
> >low end residential security equiptment .Jims site carries way more than
> >Brinks information on it .
> >I would appreciate your knocking off this whole campaign of yours to
> >interfere with a legitimate web site which offers technical assistance to
> >way more than just individuals who might be interested in hacking one of
> >your systems.
> >I am having a hard enough time running my business going thru Colon
Cancer
> >at Stage 4 and when I tried to retrieve information for another alarm
dealer
> >who I provide consultation services to , who was stuck in the field out
of
> >state with out a computer connection I could not get the gentleman the
> >information he needed.to reprogram a  Napco panel for one of his
customers.
> >He will now have to take another trip all the way out there
> >because you decided to play games.
> >I do not know why you are so worried about losing a couple of customers
> >every company gains and loses customers daily  it is part of the game. As
> >many panels that are sitting out there from all the other alarm companies
> >I do not see them having a hissy fit over losing a couple of customers.
If