Re: Brinks Copyright Documents

Jim Rojas wrote:
> I searched the Patent database. They only list the LCD keypad use in the
> 2000 series panels. No patents on anything else.

They couldn't possibly "patent" the 3000 or the 4000.  The first belongs
to "Intellisense" (I'm sure you caught the copyright notice on the last
page of the manual) and the second belongs to "Honeywell".  Both these
companies produce the manuals which carry the "Brinks" logo on the
cover.  So...  some enterprising individual could very well "black out"
the Brinks logos (much as Crash tried to do with the items he submitted
to that photo sharing website), or, alternatively, gain permission from
the two manufacturers involved and post the standard "non-Brinks" user
manuals for the panels.  You may have to add an addendum that would
include instructions specific to the Brinks keypad, and as long as you
wrote it yourself (from personal experience with the equipment), Brinks
couldn't do a thing about it.  You are, after all, only doing what your
website says.  Creating a worldwide resource for the security trade and
their customers.

> I also searched the Copyright, Trademark, and global Intellectual
> property  databases...nothing. I guess Brinks' claims are expressed by
> their attorney and implied by their deep pockets.

Make sure you include this information in the stuff you plan on
submitting to the Judge.  From what it looks like, Judge Jane is going
to give you a fair shake, Jim.  She's disallowed several requests from
Sableman & Co.  I personally think that if you manage to get all your
ducks in a row, you won't have a problem on the 26th and this whole
thing could just blow over.