Re: Simons motion sensor battery life?

> Might as well buy a noise parrot.

Actually..

We've lived in the same house for about 14 years now. After buying the
house I put in $40 joke security alarm .. no monitoring no nothing but
a pretty loud siren. After a remodeling project that included
reversing our front door to swing in .. somebody kicked in the front
door one weekday and apparently triggered the alarm. Apparently, it
scared the hell out of them as the only stuck around long enough to
steel an old digital camera from that i happen to leave on the kitchen
counter.. The most expensive loss was the door which now swings out
again like everybody else in the block.

Compare that to my parents $800 system with fancy monitoring. About
three months ago they were in Vegas and I get a call that their alarm
tripped. I was at dinner about 2 hours away so I okayed them to
dispatch the police. So I drive to the house over  2 hours later and
no sign of anything wrong, over an hour later, a policeman in plain
clothing shows up in an unmarked vehicle with nothing but apparently a
flash light. The guy must have been 70years old and looked half
asleep.

The way I see it, I'd have to spend way too much  to do it totally
right as if they REALLY wanna get in and steel your stuff they will.
Phone lines are a joke and police dispatch is a joke too. My real
security system .. hide or back up anything of real value (mostly
sentimental), and a really really loud siren.

Honestly, I'm upgrading for the $200 insurance credit ...

But thanks for the feedback.