Simons motion sensor battery life?

Looking to put together a very simple and inexpensive security
solution. Thinking about a Simon 3 wireless with a single motion
sensor and smoke detector with NextAlarm monitoring.

Two questions.

1.How often will I have to change batteries on the  on the motion
sensor and smoke detector?

2. Is Nextalarm monitoring reliable? Will my insurance company
(citizens in Florida) okay there certificate? Do they nickel and dime
you later on in any way?