Re: No good cheap customers

There is really not that much to a pull station. It wasn't the device itself
that was the problem, although the water blasts didn't help it. It was the
idea that, even with a stopper over it and other protection, the high
pressure forced water up into the conduit several feet above the device.
Since it was forced into the emt, and the system was sealed, the water
stayed in the pipes and soaked the cable and connections to the point a
ground would appear on the circuit.
Again, since all the connections were water tight, the only way to remove
the ground was remove the device and let the water drain. That is a
chargeable service call, and that is what he bitched about.