Re: CCTV Question.

Bob La Londe wrote:
> On May 21, 9:53 pm, Matt Ion <soundy...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Crash Gordon wrote:
>>> that is cool...the website is annoying....but the product looks neato.
>>> "Frank Olson" <Use-the-email-li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> the

>> I've played with an Omniscape in Burtek's showroom... not too shabby at
>> all.  Recording a 360-degree fisheye of the whole area at 3.1MP allows
>> you to zoom any given area of recorded OR live video.
>
> I have setupo up some PTZ applications taking advantage of the idle
> time programming and the trigger input programming to use extrernal
> triggers to get a similar affect.  It may not work for your
> application, but the Pelco PTZs take trigger inputs and they can be
> associated with specific presets.  IN a warehouse I simpley set
> presets for zoom views on key doorways, and then put contacts on those
> doors trigger that preset.  If the camera sits idle for X minutes it
> automatically goes back on its preprogrammed patrol pattern.
>
> I know that doesn't answer your question, but it is an alternative for
> some applications.  Motion, PE beams, and other sensors could be used
> in some applications to achieve better use of an expensive camera.  I
> only mention this as often the actual problem is not clearly defined
> or the customer wants a magic do-all instead of addressing specific
> issues.

Omniscape sort of eliminates all the "fuss".  You program your trigger
through software.  On a large job with possible multiple trigger inputs,
your PTZ solution wouldn't work so well unless you had multiple cameras
set up.  Omniscape allows you to record specfic events based on a "zone
trigger" in real time, and then gives you the tools to zoom/focus on any
area in the room during either playback or while you're still recording
the full 360 degree scene.  It's an awesome system albeit a bit on the
"pricey" side for the moment.  I imagine that will come down as they
"repay" their R & D.  These guys were clearly thinking "outside of the
box".  :-)