Re: CCTV Question.

On May 21, 9:53 pm, Matt Ion <soundy...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Crash Gordon wrote:
> > that is cool...the website is annoying....but the product looks neato.
>
> > "Frank Olson" <Use-the-email-li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > the
> > | >

> > | This is really cool!!!  http://www.omniscape360.com/home.htm
>
> I've played with an Omniscape in Burtek's showroom... not too shabby at
> all.  Recording a 360-degree fisheye of the whole area at 3.1MP allows
> you to zoom any given area of recorded OR live video.

I have setupo up some PTZ applications taking advantage of the idle
time programming and the trigger input programming to use extrernal
triggers to get a similar affect.  It may not work for your
application, but the Pelco PTZs take trigger inputs and they can be
associated with specific presets.  IN a warehouse I simpley set
presets for zoom views on key doorways, and then put contacts on those
doors trigger that preset.  If the camera sits idle for X minutes it
automatically goes back on its preprogrammed patrol pattern.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but it is an alternative for
some applications.  Motion, PE beams, and other sensors could be used
in some applications to achieve better use of an expensive camera.  I
only mention this as often the actual problem is not clearly defined
or the customer wants a magic do-all instead of addressing specific
issues.

Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from,
AND who we work for.
Bob La Londe

The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner