Re: CCTV Question.

On May 22, 8:09 am, Frank Olson <Use-the-email-
li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bob La Londe wrote:

> >> I've played with an Omniscape in Burtek's showroom... not too shabby at
> >> all.  Recording a 360-degree fisheye of the whole area at 3.1MP allows
> >> you to zoom any given area of recorded OR live video.
>
> > I have setupo up some PTZ applications taking advantage of the idle
> > time programming and the trigger input programming to use extrernal
> > triggers to get a similar affect.  It may not work for your
> > application, but the Pelco PTZs take trigger inputs and they can be
> > associated with specific presets.  IN a warehouse I simpley set
> > presets for zoom views on key doorways, and then put contacts on those
> > doors trigger that preset.  If the camera sits idle for X minutes it
> > automatically goes back on its preprogrammed patrol pattern.
>
> > I know that doesn't answer your question, but it is an alternative for
> > some applications.  Motion, PE beams, and other sensors could be used
> > in some applications to achieve better use of an expensive camera.  I
> > only mention this as often the actual problem is not clearly defined
> > or the customer wants a magic do-all instead of addressing specific
> > issues.
>
> Omniscape sort of eliminates all the "fuss".  You program your trigger
> through software.  On a large job with possible multiple trigger inputs,
> your PTZ solution wouldn't work so well unless you had multiple cameras
> set up.  Omniscape allows you to record specfic events based on a "zone
> trigger" in real time, and then gives you the tools to zoom/focus on any
> area in the room during either playback or while you're still recording
> the full 360 degree scene.  It's an awesome system albeit a bit on the
> "pricey" side for the moment.  I imagine that will come down as they
> "repay" their R & D.  These guys were clearly thinking "outside of the
> box".  :-)- Hide quoted text -

My point was that sometimes if the problem or scope of the job is
properly defined you can limit the amount of money you throw at the
job.

And with a big facility you are going to need multiple cameras
anyway.  There aren't many that can see around corners or through
walls.  Atleast none my clients can afford.  LOL.