Re: Intresting alarm Commercail Cleveland TV

Jim wrote:

> So how does that work?
>
> The alarm goes off, central calls the premise, and listens in. If they
> don't hear anything ....... what?  the police arent called or they are
> called ..... but they don't respond?

On AlarmFarce protected homes, you're supposed to properly identify
yourself if you're the burglar.  The scenario goes like this...

AlarmFarce "operator":  This is the Alarm Farce central station.
Identify yourself immediately!

Burglar:  Well, my name is Joe and I'm the next door neighbor.

AlarmFarce "operator":  What's your pass code?

Burglar:  Well, jeeze...  I don't know...  I'm here to pick up the mail
and feed the cat.

AlarmFarce "operator":  We'll have to call the owner and verify this.

Burglar:  Feel free.  Get back to me when you've talked to Fred and Ethel.

AlarmFarce "operator":  Fred and Ethel??  That's not the name on this
account.

Burglar:  It's the name on the envelop I picked out of the mail box.

AlarmFarce "operator":  The police are being dispatched.  Stay where you
are!

Burglar:  Yeah, sure...  sure...  Send the police.  Like I'm going to
"freeze".  What movie you think this is?  "Home Alone"?

AlarmFarce "operator":  This is a state of the art security system.  The
authorities have been dispatched.

Burglar:  I'm gonna leave this here business card I got off the Internet
by the phone.  Maybe Fred and Ethel can get a better system from this
guy in Florida and install it themselves for the next time I visit.
After all, it sure ain't rocket science.

> Or it could be Frank, without his teeth in, trying to give the code
> word.

Fix-O-Dent never worked for me.  I use RTV Silicon.  I don't have a
problem with my teeth.