Re: Special Window Protection

On May 22, 3:56=EF=BF=BDpm, "ABLE_1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jim, =A0I understand what you mean. =A0That would be somewhat difficult to
> control to be precise. =A0

I didn't find that to be a problem. Once I was able to determine how
far apart to mount the magnet and switch to begin with so I could open
the window only as far as the customer wanted, before it broke
contact ....... then I just made the chain an inch or so shorter than
that distance.

>When I asked the question of how far the window is
> opened normally?? =A0I was told it depends but most times all the way.

You could tell him  ..... well the amount of security you have will
decrease the wider you open the window   Please tell me whats
acceptable to you.

>=A0Some
> people just do not want to compromise a little.

Hey, they're the people with the money and your the guy with the
experience. You want the money and they want the benefit of your
experience. Giving them alternatives and consequences is your job.

I always try to explain everything to the client so that they will be
able to make choices. If you want this ...... then these are the good
things and these are the bad things that will result. If the price is
too high, ...... these are the things we can eliminate and the
resulting reduction of detection.
They make informed choices based on what you tell them.

> Thanks for the suggestion and I may pass on the idea to the customer to s=
ee
> if he agrees to consider the possibility.

Other than that, alarm screens are the only way that they will be able
to have convenient, least expensive , practical detection and have
totally free use of the windows, while the system is armed.