Re: OT - Sarrasota - Strange Days Indeed

On Mar 21, 4:07?pm, "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, as I understand Florida law (not too well but well enough), an
> owner of a property is entitled to use deadly force to protect
> themselves against intruders forcing themselves into a home or
> automobile. And with most people (or a high percentage) owning
> sidearms, and with one in 17 people in Florida having a license to
> carry a concealed weapon, I imagine these deputies should be thanking
> their lucky stars they are still alive.
>
> I certainly wouldn't condone the actions of either "side" here, but
> the whole thing sounds like a recipe for disaster that luckily didn't
> happen.
>
> I plan to buy property here in Florida soon and I look forward to
> living in a place where I don't have to put up with the sheer anti-gun
> stupidity of the paranoid Canadian gun hating authorities( who make it
> extremely difficult to engage in the legal shooting sports in Canada).
>
> Just an aside....
>
> RHC

Aren't things getting a little better with the new regime in power?

Or at least is there some hope that they'll recind some of the
regulations?

With what little I've heard in the last number of months, at least it
hasn't been any "bad" news. I'm thinking that the new party would let
it "lay" for a while before begining to take some positive action.