Re: How to find a reputable installation company

"Robert L Bass"  wrote in message

> Where in the UL standard does it forbid hiring
> an ex-felon to work in a central station or even
> as an alarm installer?

It does not, however these alarm companies are more likely to do business
with "certain" customers who are quite picky about how the alarm company
screens their employees. So the alarm company might design their hiring
practices to get the business of these few customers. But this is a good
selling point for selling to *all* customers. "We do bla bla bla to screen
our employees, etc. The other companies in town do not..."