Re: Acceptable time from walk-thru to quotation delivery

> Many moons ago (before they went out of
> business) we were keyholders for a large
> chain of dry cleaners. Now we're not
> keyholders for any account. My suggestion
> is never be keyholders for any account.
> If the customer allows perhaps you could
> "donate" an 'In case of emergency call'
> sign to place ABOVE the alarm company
> decal.

We held keys for about 300 of our accounts.
Most were local, within 15 minutes from us.
I would always try to get one of the regular
keyholders to respond.  However, if no one
could or would respond I or one of my techs
would go out.  We charged a regular service
visit fee during business hours and 50%
extra for after-hours or holiday calls.

On average we'd respond to about 10 calls
a month.  Keys were kept in a key safe in
my office.  At first we tried securing the
keys for our own protection.  Each one was
in a sealed envelop with the client's signature
across the flap.  This proved problematic
because a return visit would be needed to
reseal a key and most of the time it was
the same clients over and over who needed
us to respond.

All in all, key service was more of a pain
than it was worth but it was a selling point
with some customers.  They like knowing
that someone from the alarm company will
go out if they're unavailable.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass