Re: cost of installation- hard wired panic buttons

> Bonding, licensing and insurance have
> little to do with legitimacy.  Some states
> don't even offer a license.  Others do.
> Very few states require bonding.  Few
> even ask for insurance.

In Southern California, from my experience, the rate is a good indication of
how legit any technical service is. If we have somebody charging $20 an hour
for ANY technical service, I can guarantee you they don't have a license,
nor a bond, nor a liability policy.

How "legit" is somebody charging $20 an hour in Southern California? I mean,
even if we take away all those things, how are they making a living at that
rate? Self-employment taxes alone will eat up a good portion of that.

I don't want to take what you said out of context. In my mind, being "legit"
means you have all your ducks in a row when it comes to taxes, licenses, and
insurance policies to protect your home, assets, and business. That, to me,
is an indication that you're serious about your business, that you're not a
flake, and that I have recourse if the job goes bad.

All in all, that's going to be reflected in the rate.

Eric