Re: 3M tape failing on sensors

> I'm not really sure what you mean about
> "space requirements".  I haven't seen a
> window where you couldn't mount the
> transmitter on a part of the wall immediately
> adjacent to it...

I've run across a number of original and
replacement windows that don't have
enough space for a standard width
transmitter.

Honeywell makes a "slim line" transmitter
which will usually fit.  However, I agree that
best practice is to install the transmitter on
the wall where it is not visible from the
outside.  It's usually easy to wire a concealed
contact through the wall to a transmitter a
few inches away.  If the window can't
accommodate a concealed contact, there
are plenty of very small, surface mounted
sensors (for example, GE Security 1035)
that can be wired behind or through the
trim.

--