Re: 3M tape failing on sensors

First clean the surface with denatured alcohol. If the surface is too cold,
I've had problems with tape not sticking well.

You put the xmitters on the window? Yuck. If there's no room for the xmitter
on sill, I usually put a single gang cut-in ring or box below the window and
put the xmitter in there and use a external contact on the window. I won't
put the xmitter on the moving part of a door or window unless all other
mounting methods wont work.