Re: Hey Roland and others: Arecont Vision 1.3 Mpixel Network(IP) Camera

Robert L Bass inspired greatness with:

>Using the 214A-M's with a 452R you can go up to 3000 feet.

I know.  I read the cut-sheet too. That's awesome range.

> For this app you'll be well within spec.  We have a client doing
>something similar, except there site uses one pair for video and three pairs for data and control signals.

All he needs is 2 pair for data.  The other pair can be used for
power.

> NVT's stuff is rock
>solid.  I'd go that way rather than with IP cameras for cost.  Even with NVT's prices, you'll probably do better with analog units
>than getting four equal quality IP cameras.

Yep, that is what I think too.

>The NVT-452R retails for $917 (dealer net is about 30-35% less, depending on where you shop).

You get better wholesale than I then, if I sell it for that it's about
a 25% MU. Who is your supplier?

>The 214A-M's go for $48 retail with
>similar dealer breaks.

That's not near the break I get.  I pay close to that wholesale.

>  Good quality IP cameras can eat up more than that.

Yep.