Re: NX8V2 - Last Open Zone in Memory?

On Mar 8, 9:04 pm, Cam-man <n...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jim inspired greatness with:
>

> >On Mar 8, 2:08?pm, "Foveator" <Fovea...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> The glass break is a small round until mounted flush to the wall with
> >> 1 or 2 LEDs on the front that flash when it goes off. (I'm not home
> >> right now.) The entire system was installed 6 months ago after a
> >> lightning strike took out the old system. The glass break and
> >> waterbugs are new.
> >> Located in East Hampton.- Hide quoted text -
>
> >Ahhhh! ..... Now there's a whole new avenue to explore.
>
> >When you say the "entire system was in stalled " do you know if the
> >new alarm company actually *replaced* ***ALL*** the contacts and/or
> >components?  What DIDN'T they change .... if anything?
>
> >What you are experiencing would be the sort of problem that could
> >arise from a component that had received a lightning hit.
>
> >You're quite far out on the Island. Only a couple of good alarm
> >companies out that way.
>
> I'm still wondering which GB he has.  It sounds like a Shatter Pro
> 5820.http://www.gesecurity.com/portal/site/GESecurity/menuitem.f76d98ccce4...- Hide quoted text -

Yes, that is the GB.
We are located in East Hampton, CT. (Just drop a couple zeros from the
East Hampton, NY property values.)
Although the original system was installed years ago, only the fire
alarm and sensors were connected. The installer never returned to
finish the job, so all of the hard wired sensors in doors and windows
were not connected to the central box when the power surge came
through. The Napco box and boards looked pretty good....just
completely dead.
The new installer tested and connected all of the sensors; only one
window sensor was not functioning.

My concern was that if I arm the system while I sleep to discover the
bad zone and it falses, the alarm will sound. Is there a way around
that?