Re: Ademco Vista-20pi

whbarclay inspired greatness with:

>About configurations...?
>Anyone have an opinion of whether to use a standalone Vista 20p or 20ps with
>a seperate 7845i instead of the Vista-20pi version? Note I'm connecting to
>VIOP Comcast line to the monitoring station.
>
>Second, a Vista 20p or Vista ps with a 6250rf instead of a 5881ENM?
>
>Is my understanding correct that I can now use a 6270 with a 20p, 20ps and
>20pi as long as I have 5.2 control panel software?
>
>Can anyone tell me were to purchase a 20pi system on line?
>
>Is Honeywell discontinuing this product line and replacing with a new one?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>Bill

You're going to need a 7845i for Internet communication, I'm pretty
sure the 'PI' is just telling you that it's compatible. The 6150RF
keypad is a great substitute for the 5881 receiver, I've used it many
times.  Just keep in mind where the transmitters are, you don't want
the KP to far away from the furthest transmitter,  also,  transmitters
can not be within 10 feet of the 6150RF.