Re: Brinks, Slomins Shield, or ADT?

ADT has the best overall customer service, and doesn't mind if you
decide to use your system as a non monitored system only after your
commitment with them is satisfied. Their Safewatch Pro 3000EN is an
Ademco Vista20Pv2 that cannot be downloaded via standard compass. You
can however hand program it, or swap the board, and all wireless devices
if any, are fully compatible.

Brinks is the complete opposite of ADT. They have a real borg mentality,
and will shutdown your system in a heartbeat, and refuse to service your
system unless you sign up for another long term contract. To use your
system as a local, you have to pay them $500 more, and thats if you
catch them on a good day. Nevermind that you have had your service with
them for several years. Nevermind that the installing dealer already
paid them for that equipment. It's all a numbers game to them.

Slomins is a company that offers home security as a sideline...do you
really want to use a company that primarily sells home heating oil to
install a security system in your home? Most of their installations are
the basic 3 door, 1 motion, lick it and stick systems. That is not
security or peace of mind. I have seen companies like Slomins sell off
alarm divisions once they find a sucker (ADT for the most part), or
decide that their attrition rate is getting out of control, and try to
pawn it off to Wayne Hizinga...yeah Wayne, I still remember you! :)

Jim Rojas