Re: Brinks, Slomins Shield, or ADT?

> Naa - Only hard to program by someone
> with LESS than average abilities!
> EVEN RLB can do it!

I teach DIYers how to program Napco panels
all the time.  This stuff is much simpler than
some folks might like you to believe.  Any
primate can learn how to install an alarm
system.  The wiring is simple, mostly 2- and
4-wire.  The sensors screw to the wall or get
inserted in a hole drilled in a door casing.
Most don't require any adjustments at all.
The panel hook-up is simple stuff, too.  Anyone
with a modicum of tool skills and a bit of patience
can do it.  There's a schematic drawing showing
which wires go where (many panels even say
which colors to use).

Programming Napco's larger panels is best
done using their software.  You can download
it for free.  I usually need 20 minutes or so to
walk a new user through programming a P3200
or P9600 panel.  Once you've done a few of them
it's like riding a bicycle.  Even Mark Leuck can
do that.  :^)

This week I showed a first time DIYer how to
install and configure an ELK-M1G home
automation system.  These are far more advanced
than anything most alarm installers do.  The wiring
and installation is largely the same as alarms.
The programming and the number of options are
more complex though.  It took me just over an hour
to walk him through programming the panel.

I must agree with the above poster.  Even I can do
it.  I can't say for sure whether he can though.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics