Re: Adding Ademco LYNXR Zone

Crash Gordon wrote:

>You need to notify ADT? Uhmmm Yah  how would they know what zones they are
>unless you did?

<sigh> He must have been given advice on this forum that he could
program it.  I wonder -WHO- may be responsible?

>and...you just voided your warranty by tampering with their
>programming...and probably messed up who knows whatelse in programming. You
>will probably end up paying for service call to finish fix/program/test your
>system now.

Yep.

>This is precisely why companies lock programming of their panels.

Yeah, 6321 is pretty hard to crack on an unlocked ADT LYNX!

If they really wanted to lock it, they would incorporate an algorithm
that jives with the acct. number.  They do not care about security,
RMR+ long term contract is the game.