Re: Do not go protection one

saad1200 wrote:
> I would not recommend protection one to any one.  I have paid $1,7000
> on the equipment the installation.

Your installation should mention something about a warranty.  If you
*own* the equipment then the warranty should cover labour for the first
year.

> 1) Even though I spent $1,7000 on the equipment I got the cheapest and
> largest contact. i had problem installing my blind. The company just
> ignore my request to replace the contact with smaller ones.

The "contact" you're referring to is probably the wireless transmitter.
  It's usually located on the wall adjacent to the window.  The sensors
(contacts) are on the window track (or inside the track if concealed
contacts were used).

> 2) I have been waiting for for about a month now for someone to move
> down 4 of the contacts to allow the blind to fit. The window contacts
> are installed in the top right corner. It is the worst location to
> install window contacts. Protection one are asking for more money to
> move them, they consider it remodeling!!! it was the installer bad
> decision to put them at this place not mine. pulse I am paying $5
> extra a month for  service fee.

Protection one will have to move the transmitters if they're interfering
with your blinds.  Call them back and mention their warranty on
installation.

> 3) The alarm system is hooked up to a light switch!!! I have to keep
> my lights on all because of their bad installation

That's another warranty issue.

> 4) 5 times the alarm went off, I got no calls from them.   I am paying
> for nothing!!

It may be that a "cancel code" has been programmed into the system (or
there is an additional delay on communication to enable you to turn off
the alarm before a signal is sent).  You're going to have to actually
put your system on test and ensure it's properly transmitting alarms and
restorals outside of the programmed delays.

> summary:
> expensive system. they do not call when the alert goes off. Bad
> service. bad installation.  Save your many and time and go to some one
> else

Conclusion:

Protection One is one of the "bigger" alarm companies out there.  If
their installer didn't provide you with the expected service, then their
service department should look after you.  Speak with the local service
manager and if that doesn't help contact their corporate office.  All
this information should be on their contract.

DO NOT contact the papers or the local radio station.  Doing so without
all the facts at your disposal will make you look like an idiot and
there's already one "idiot" that's left you with advice you really don't
want to follow.