Re: Do not go protection one

If you paid by credit card, contact your card provider
(usually your bank).  File a "charge-back" request
based on merchandise not being as described and
failure to provide contracted services.  The credit
card company will withdraw the money from the
alarm company's bank account and return it to you.
This will cause the alarm company to completely
change their service priorities.

Next, regardless what they do for you -- good or bad
-- at this point, write a letter to the local newspaper
and television station consumer editors.  Just write
one letter and send copies to every station and every
paper within a 100-mile radius.  Describe accurately
and concisely what they screwed up.  Include a
photo of the contact interfering with the window
blind.  Explain that they connected the transformer
to a *switched outlet* which is specifically prohibited
by the manufacturer's instructions and the electrical
code (they have to be installed according to the mfrs
instruction manual) and how this makes the alarm
system go into "trouble" mode if you turn the light off.

Document every conversation you have with these
scoundrels.  Keep copies of all correspondence.

Also, contact your state Consumer Protection agency
and ask to speak to someone in the alarm licensing
office.  Explain what has been done to you and that
the alarm company has cheated you by refusing to
provide what you paid for -- a properly working alarm
system.  Ask for an official complaint form.  Include
a copy of your complaint plus any response you get
in your letters to the media.

All this might seem like overkill to some but it's
important to understand that the company has
cheated this customer.  Now they are refusing to
honor the warranty (they installed the transformer
wrong) even though he's paying for warranty
service.  That and the poor quality workmanship
(installing sensors in such a way that the gentleman
can't even close his blinds) is indicative of a bad
alarm company.

If this was the first time we'd seen such horror
stories about that company perhaps I'd have
suggested a more friendly approach.  Unfortunately,
there us a long history of customer abuse and
shoddy workmanship from P1 dealers.  Nothing short
of a "shock and awe" (apologies to the Shrub)
campaign is appropriate.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass