Re: Wire prices

news:1182052935.664374.177590@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Jun 16, 1:29?pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Well, we aren't talking about just a couple miles of wire like most jobs.
>>
>> --
>> Bob La Londe
>> Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River
>> Fishing Forums & Contestshttp://www.YumaBassMan.com
>>
>> --
>
> Hey Bob, you aren't actually wiring each of your jobs directly back to
> the central station ...... are you?
>
> Now lookit ..... you're actually supposed to use the local TELEPHONE
> service to do that.    Dint anyone ever splain that to you?   :-)

LOL.  Actually if you went back and added it up I bet you would find that
several of your bigger jobs have a couple miles of wire in them.  My first
one like that was a network cabling job with 200 hundred drops about ten
years ago.  No run more than a couple hundred feet, but it adds up quick.
We used a little under 4 miles of cat 5 cable on that one building.

Actually when I think about it some of the fire alarm systems I worked on
before I used more wire than that, and of course I have done buried plant
before too.

The job in particular I am thinking of has a couple miles of buried plant,
and a ton of access and video as well as burg, phone, network, etc etfc