Re: Wire prices

On Jun 14, 11:43?pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So guys, what do you think?  Are wire prices still climbing or have they
> leveled out?
>
> I've got some really big jobs coming up where wires price could be a
> significant factor. Been debating stocking up on wire for these and storing
> it to try and save the client a couple bucks.  They'll make a progressive
> payment to cover it if I tell them its a good idea to get it now and store
> it.
>
> --
> Bob La Londe
> Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River
> Fishing Forums & Contestshttp://www.YumaBassMan.com
>
> --
It's nice of you to try and save your customers some money
but .............

What ever the price is ...... it is.

  Why lose money just because no one can predict radical changes in
the cost of wire? Even if you anticipate it by buying now and storing
it, you should be compensated for that investment too, so ......
what's the difference?  And even further, what if the price drops
between now and then?
Actually the better thing to do, I would think, is, on  your large
jobs, price it at todays prices and put a provision in  your estimates
that would allow your price to fluctuate with the price of wire at the
time the job commences.