Re: Home alarm & phone lines question

On Jul 23, 9:58 am, "Bill" <bill190nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you have a lot of stuff which is more valuable than what a typical
> homeowner would have - something which might attract a higher class burglar
> with brains,

I don't really own a lot of stuff, it is more for secondary personal
protection than for protecting any sort of valuables.  (Primary
personal protection is under the bed)

> then you can get a concealed inside phone drop and leave the
> existing drop as a dummy drop.

How does this work with buried cable and a slab, would the telco
charge a big fee for this?  I can mount and wire the box myself but
I'd need them to bring the buried wire into the house somehow.

> And/or get a cell phone backup. If silent alarm, can set it to be audible if
> can't get through to monitoring center.

Yeah, I'm considering that now since several posters mentioned it.
Sounds like it'd be a lot less trouble and no less reliable.