Re: Home alarm & phone lines question

Actually most residential burglars are not smart enough to snip wires -
watch America's Dumbest Criminals to get an idea.

If they are smart enough to snip wires, they would not be trying to rip-off
someone's TV or whatever, they would go after something more worthwhile.

If you have a lot of stuff which is more valuable than what a typical
homeowner would have - something which might attract a higher class burglar
with brains, then you can get a concealed inside phone drop and leave the
existing drop as a dummy drop.

And/or get a cell phone backup. If silent alarm, can set it to be audible if
can't get through to monitoring center.