Re: Att: Bob La Londe

> Drop me an E at alarm (underscore) wizard (at) hotmail (dot) com

Will do.

> I've considered an Amazon peacock bass trip,
> but the price tag has always been a little more
> than I wanted to swing when paired with the
> time incommunicado from my business...

There's satellite phone service at most of the lodges
on the lower Amazon and Rio Negro.  It's expensive
though, between $3 and $10 per minute.

I have friends who go every year.  They're in Parana
right now but I'll be talking with them as soon as
they get back.  I believe they have connections for
a much less expensive trip but with the same
amenities.  The major players all want $4,000 to
$5,000 for a week, not including airfare to Mannaus.
I think it can be had for as little as $1500 + air though.

> You do know they have imported peacock bass
> into Fla now?

The worst thing is to introduce new species
into our ecosystem.  Tourists and stupid residents
sometimes bring back illegal species of plants
and animals, then release them into the 'Glades.
Many of these are really destructive.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass