Re: Major shortcoming in Paradox new panel lineup

On Jul 4, 4:23 pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, an update to my last post. Spoke to Burtek/ADI (now one and the
> same) and it seems the "stay D" feature is an option only on the new
> line of panels, which means if you do NOT enable it, the new line of
> panels works as before, and the customer can simply arm and disarm
> with the code in the regular manner.

Are you sure about this Robert?  I was transferred to someone at
Paradox that was described as a "senior tech support representative"
and he said there was no way to provide simple arming and disarming
with the code alone on the new SP-5000 and SP-6000.  The Winnipeg
Burtek/ADI counter staff were told the same thing when they spoke with
Paradox tech support.

Reg