Re: Finally caught up to Jiminex...

Frank Olson wrote:
> Robert L Bass wrote:
> >>Although I have captained a chartered catamaran...
> >

> > Suuuure you have.  Uh-huh.
> >

> It's not that hard to do.  You point it in the direction you want to go
> and start the engine.  Sails??  That's for people that understand terms
> like "tacking", "naavy jack", "larboard", foc'sle, binnacle, "salty",
> spinnaker, etc.  Me, I like to turn a key and hear them diesels rumble
> and the deck vibrate.

That's why I sail in the Carabbean. You don't have to go too far down
there to have a good time and except for a few times of the year,
there's always a 15 to 20kt wind and lots of deep water.

Power boat for local waters.

Weekends are too short to sit at the helm till the wind decides it's
going to blow. Sometimes we'll take a run to Newport, Mystic or Marthas
Vineyard, over a long weekend. It would take a week to get there in a
sail boat.