Re: Recomendation for reliable inexpensive monitoring service.

Robert L Bass wrote:
> >> No one, DIYer or paid installer *repairs*
> >> alarm control panels.  They are either
> >> sent in to the factory or replaced.  If any
> >> other component fails it's a simple matter
> >> to remove and replace it.  This isn't
> >> rocket science.
> >
> > No, but finding out the source of the trouble
> > often takes someone with experience and
> > the right tools.
>
> Time for a reality check, Olson.  As for tools, most of the time all you need is a simple meter, a manual and a screwdriver.  I've
> walked scores of people through servicing their opwn alarms.  It isn't rocket science.  Any primate can install or service an alarm
> system.

<snip the usual tripe and charlatan snake oil charm>

Well ............. As usual it gets down to credibility and what
motivates your presence in this Newsgroup.

Lets take a little stroll down memory lane so that the end user can see
what you've done to people here, through the years.  That the only
reason for your presence in this Newsgroup is to discredit installation
companys so that you can entice end users to use your inadequate
services and follow your inadaquate advice. How you've lied about
installation companys and misled end users into thinking that you
actually have up to date knowledge of equipment and the industry. How
your BBB record of dissatisfied customers is a prime example of why no
one should do business with you or believe anything that you say. .

Robert Bass is a long time trouble maker here in ASA. He's insulted
just about anyone and everyone who takes any position that even
slightly opposes his. He takes swipes at people and then when they
respond and get angry at his arrogance and snotty attitude, he will
then stand aloof and say they are the cause. Anyone who is a regular
participant in this Newsgroup, knows this to be true. However, Bass
depends upon the fact that newcomers, such as you, don't have the time
or inclination to investigate who is giving you advice, so it's
somewhat easy to dupe newbies into believing what he says. He's slick
as a snake.

Many years ago, he was ousted from an aviation group for doing the very
same thing that he does here. So my description of his attitude and
methods now ...... is documented in posts made all those years ago by a
number of other people, in almost the very same words. In other words,
he does it on purpose. He has called peoples employers to try to get
them in trouble and has called various other entities to get people in
trouble, claiming they were not properly installing alarms. He has been
caught canceling other people posts and posting to competitors web
sites under the name of members of this group, that he doesn't get
along with. A nasty, sneaky SOB, to say the least. He's even reported
someone to one of the aviation boards for flying while intoxicated, yet
had no proof. In other words, because he had a disagreement in the
Newsgroup, he tried to get even by getting the other person barred from
flying.

Bass's sole and only purpose here is to promote and sell equipment from
his web site. He ridicules anyone who thinks that he shouldn't be doing
that from a Newgroup that was set up for alarm installers and
constantly belittles alarm installers. The original FAQ of the group
said that there should be no advertising, but he ignores that. The
original founder of the group Steve Rykman left the group in total
frustration many years ago, because of the futility of trying to make
the group a peaceful place without it being moderated. The turmoil was
over Bass insisting on advertising his web site to end users and his
arrogant attitude towards installers who do this for a living. Bass
continuously mocks installers so as to make it appear that all end
users can install systems easily. The reality is, some can and some
can't. But listening to Bass, all installers are out to cheat end users
when in reality he's setting them up to do just that .... himself.

Just thought I'd fill you in a little. I've been here for about 8 years
and Bass is just one of those people that, it it were real life, you'd
leave any conversation group he was involved with, because you'd likely
wind up being put away for assault. He's an instigator and a purveyor
of turmoil wherever he goes.

Oh and by the way, he's also a convicted felon. He doesn't have a
license to install systems because of that. He's been investigated by
the agency in Florida that governs the alarm industry. He skirts around
the State laws providing services that should be licensed. But
apparently was slick enough to get away with continuing doing business
however I suspect that utimately he'll be investigated again ..... he's
a slimey, devious fraud.

If you'd like references to do some searches on past events, just let
me know. He's a nasty SOB and a Google search will prove it. You'll
also notice that he cannot and will not object to anything that I've
said, because he knows that it's all provable by simply pulling up past
posts from this Newsgroup or that others who've been here long enough
will corroborate it.