Re: CCTV

>> "stuart" <member@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>I have a barn which I let in the summer for holiday lets, I want to
>>>mount a security camera on it to monitor who drives down our drive (200
>>>yard driveway).  What I don't want is to give the barn the appearnace
>>>of Colditz, so I was thinking of mounting a home made bird box type
>>>thing onto the barn, to disguise tha fact that its a security camera.
>>>My problem is I am starting to think that this may be a little
>>>'unethical'?

There is no problem with a covert installation and as long and as you
prevent the camera capturing images of a public area there is not a legal
requirement for a sign, however, if you plan to use the captured images for
evidence or you plan to monitor audio, a small warning sign mounted at the
entrance gate would suffice to prevent any future privacy problems.

--
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Paul Ekins

Linc Secure
www.lincsecure.co.uk