Re: CCTV

CWatters wrote:
> "stuart" <member@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>Hi all,
>>I have a barn which I let in the summer for holiday lets, I want to
>>mount a security camera on it to monitor who drives down our drive (200
>>yard driveway).  What I don't want is to give the barn the appearnace
>>of Colditz, so I was thinking of mounting a home made bird box type
>>thing onto the barn, to disguise tha fact that its a security camera.
>>My problem is I am starting to think that this may be a little
>>'unethical'?

I'd say no... it's private property, you're within your rights to protect it.
But if you're concerned about it, this is good advice:

> Just put up a small sign saying "Warning security cameras in use" on the
> gate post.

No need to say WHERE the camera is or how many there are, but it covers you from
somone saying they weren't warned (it doesn't even have to be a big glaring neon
sign or anything; as long as it's there, nobody has room to complain if they
weren't paying attention).