Re: Selecting a remote surv system

Prices are starting to improve on a lot of pro quality CCTV gear.  A reliable 4-channel system can be had for well under $2,000.
For example, Speco Technologies makes a model DVR-4CF/120 4-camera, Internet ready DRV that's pretty decent.  It comes with a 120
gig hard drive.  They retail for around $730.  Good quality color cameras can be had for less than $200 apiece.
For example, the Nuvico camera you mentioned retails for under $280.  They also have a NVCC-HWE49N-D camera with a 4-9mm varifocal
lens that sells for less than $175.  It's a "bullet" style outdoor camera like the one you spoke of so no housing is required.  I've
tried a number of Nuvico cameras and they do a good job.  Speco has made improvements to their line over the last five or six
years -- much better than their old stuff.

Those are retail prices.  I got the impression that the OP is in the trade.  If so he can get the same for less from his
distributor.  There are a number of other CCTV manufacturers around that are beginning to give Pelco, Sony and the rest serious
competition at lower prices.  One of the fringe benefits of this is that the big players are starting to be more flexible about
pricing.  We're getting Sony, Pelco and several other majors at better prices than before.  OTOH, we get a better bang/buck ratio
selling Nuvico, Speco and a few other lines.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics