Re: Home Depot Motion Sensor, On when power is turned on.

If you lie on your insurance policy application (you tell them you have a
monitored alarm system when you really don't just to get the discount),
you've violated a central condtion of the policy and the Insurer has the
right to cancel that policy "ab initio" (at inception).  That puts the
policy holder in the same "category" as someone _without_ a policy.  They
don't have to "deny" coverage at all.  Take it a step further.  If your
insurer requires a _monitored alarm system_ and you decide to cancel the
monitoring after the policy is issued, that is also considered a violation
of the policy conditions.

If you lease a car/van/truck and the lease stipulates you have to maintain
collision coverage on the vehicle for the term of the lease and you decide
to reduce the coverage to only include third party liability and "specified
perils" (fire and theft), then the leasing company can legally terminate
their contract and you would be "out" your car.

You can quote "law" all you want, Bass (it's obvious to me that you know
enought to have skirted it for years).  You cannot, however, speak for what
an insurance company will do if faced with a substantial claim.  If you're
naive enough to believe that a simple limitation clause in your contract is
enough to protect you from any claims, then I hope you have most of your
assets in your wife's name.

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >  I have seen them refuse to pay and or
> > greatly reduce payment based on how policys are written...
>
> Show me a policy that says they will decline payment if an alarm is
modified, other than where an alarm system is a requirement to