Re: Hook in AC Fire Alarms to Security System

(Other than from an asthetics point of view) I suppose I could install
two sets fire alarms in the house.The only way I could do this though
would be to do it wirelessly (or rebuild my house since it would be
near impossible to route the wires without major destruction! ;)

The only thing I'm a little confused by is why would Cepco sell such a
system if it was against code. They say on their web site that not only
is it UL Listed but Listed with the California Fire Marshal (CSFM
7300-1628-100.) It's specifically designed for 120V Fire Alarms to be
connected to an Alarm Panel for monitoring purposes (states it right in
the application notes in several places.)

I hope we're all talking about the same system here, it's not a direct
connect method (i.e. using a BRK relay module for instance which is
ABSOLUTELY against code and I'm aware of this.) The way they do their
system is much different than I've seen before. If you don't know what
I mean then you might want to check out their web site for details.

I understand this is not the most ideal method since the two systems
are independent and no supervision would be possible. But wouldn't it
be better to have some monitoring than none at all? (Not doing
something doesn't make any sense to me since if a fire broke out at my
house and I'm not home it's going to burn to the ground period - my
neighbors are just too far away to notice.)

Thanks!!